Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mononoke Hime VS. Avatar

   In the first place, I found several similarities from both films. Although the settings are held in certain fantasy spaces, both films send important messages about the nature. In other ways, these movies warn us stop exploiting and destroying the earth planet. Indeed, humans in both movies strongly challenged to the nature and fulfilled their desires until they were satisfied. Unfortunately, it ended up with a mutual destruction or tragedy. I personally believe once our greed grows up, not only it is unstoppable, but also it hurts us. As a matter of fact, humans in both films harmed both forests and themselves. 
   As I compare and contrast these movies, probably the released time period brought up different aspects. Avatar featured more technological devices and scientific analysis. And the characters are merely different. In Princess Mononoke , mostly they are indigenous people besides Avatar characters are scientist and warriors. Furthermore, the human side of Avatar is more complex and ambitious. I could also found conflicts and separation in one human group. Even if they used to be in a same side, their relationship got distorted and hurt each other. In the same way, these things usually happen in reality. 
   Correspondingly, these two films have a connection to 3.11 incident, too. As can be seen, 3.11 incident is a combination of natural disaster and human destruction. Moreover, human made the circumstance worse especially Fukushima Nuclear Plant explosion. Of course, there would be a lot of conflicts behind it. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment