Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Experience

   On March 11th, I was in Korea. On that day, my family and I were celebrating my father's birthday. After having a huge feast, everyone was suffering from  food comma and turned out to be couch potatoes. Since we got bored, my father turned on TV and kept changing channels. Accidentally we saw the news about tsunami in Japan and got shocked. Tsunami destroyed one peaceful village in a sudden moment, which was very heartbreaking especially mom who lost her daughter made me so sad. She didn't mean to miss her daughter's hand, but she lost her daughter by the pressure of tsunami.
   Tokyo was also facing on earthquake, blackouts, and radiation. So my cousins, friends, and acquaintances asked my safety. I told them I was still Korea so they were released. 
   Fukushima Nuclear Plant explosion scared me the most because radiation does not have color and smell. It is hard to figure out whether it come into my body or not. Moreover, it highly risks our health such as cancer and genetic code destruction. It can even affect my offspring so I would rather not to get married if radiation is in my body. 
  Radiation also reached Korea and zinc and cesium were found in the water and vegetables. And Korean weather forecasters kept claiming that radiation would never reach to Korea due to a seasonal wind. According to them, the seasonal wind blows in an  opposite direction to Korea. However, it was nonsense. Actually, the direction can change any time. 
   I had a huge debate with my mom about going back to Tokyo in April. She said it was too dangerous to stay in Tokyo. Since I have only semester left, she wished me on good luck and allowed me to go. 
   At Busan airport, I saw Koreans who put a lot of water bottles in their luggage bags. And I also brought plenty of water bottles and food from my place. I heard there would be a difficulty to get bottled water. 
  After this incident, I thought a lot of things about the world and myself. Humans are fragile creatures and cannot conquer the nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment